Sunday 22 February 2009

Severed Head

KC-We live in grisly times. The Nation has reported the gruesome death of a foreigner in Bangkok whose head was found dangling five metres below Rama 8 bridge in Phra Nakhon district. The head was sealed in a plastic bag. The body has not yet been located. A strange, cryptic message was found scribbled on the bridge's railings in correction fluid. It read: 'I want but I cannot.... I came to Bangkok to be with you.' I will post more on this as it unravels. The man has not yet been identified.

Interestingly, the Bangkok Post reported a variation in the message: 'I want it but I didn't get what I want' and 'I came here to see you'.

Another variation on the message was:
'CATH I WANT BUT I CANNOT CAME TO BANGKOK TO BE YOU'.- Source TNA, 22/02/2009


HORROR IN CITY
Severed foreigner's head found hanging from a bridge



BANGKOK: -- Police on Sunday are trying to identify a man, believed to be a foreigner, whose head was found hanging from a rope at Rama IX Bridge in Phra Nakhon district. His body was still not found.

The head, belonging to man in his 40s, was tied to the rope and apparently put in a plastic bag and hung from the bridge's railing. When it was found at about 2pm, the plastic bag was detached from the head, revealing a gruesome sight. A doctor estimated that he had died for at least eight hours.

Two sentences, "I want but I cannot …," and "I came to Bangkok to be you," were found written on the bridge's railings.

Pol Col Chavalit Prasobsilp, a police chief, said that it was apparently not a suicide and he will wait for autopsy results before concluding how the head was cut from the body.

"We will check the security circuits at the bridge and see if anything related to the incident was captured," Chavalit said.

"We need to urgently know who is the victim," he said, requesting that the media published clear pictures of the victim's face to help police identify the victim.

-- The Nation 2009-02-22

No comments:

Post a Comment